Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

Off Topic :
Can't make this crap up. Literally!!!!

Topic is Sleeping.

HFSSC (original poster member #33338) posted at 4:34 PM on Friday, November 4th, 2022

Y'all, seriously.

I couldn't sell a book based on my life because it's just so ridiculous.

First, the good news. JM is doing well. He started learning EMDR this week with his therapist and feels very hopeful. And he is sleeping with the meds and no nightmares.

Yesterday was my last day of work for a LONG time. I was able to sit down on Tuesday with the assistant DON with whom I was clashing and we talked a lot of stuff out. She had no idea the things I was dealing with at home, and also did not know a lot of the back story with the flu shots and other issues at work. She was genuinely sorry for her crack about going through a divorce and not yelling at anyone. So I am glad to have some peace there. I couldn't deal with the constant anger.

First thing yesterday though, I got a call from the ortho office. I'd called on Monday as instructed for my preop interview at the hospital. They didn't call me back until Wednesday afternoon and then left a message just before 5 pm that I might need cardiac clearance. Because of a procedure I had 15 years ago and have never had a recurrence of symptoms. Was cut loose from the cardiologist around 2009. I also had a cardiac workup last year after my long COVID symptoms with shortness of breath, and that was clear. Waited all day before I found out the anesthesiologist cleared me.

Then our ds23 called from the city a couple of hours away where he was spending his birthday week with his fiancee, planning to come back on Monday. His truck broke down so JM had to drive there and then return with ds and the truck.

I thought I'd take a nice relaxing bath. And it was...

until I let the water out and the toilet and shower started making very strange and loud noises.

And our septic tank threw up.

Seriously. So JM and the guys are doing whatever horrible labor is involved with fixing the septic system and then fixing the clutch on ds's truck. And I just want to go to bed until Monday morning when I can get some good drugs before my surgery.

Can whoever has the little voodoo doll that is fat and limping with a sparkly cane just quit f*cking with me and play with someone else for a while???

Me, 56
Him, 48 (JMSSC)
Married 26 years. Reconciled.

posts: 4962   ·   registered: Sep. 12th, 2011   ·   location: South Carolina
id 8763643

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 4:41 PM on Friday, November 4th, 2022

Awe my dear you've gone through so much.

I'm so happy to hear JM is doing better.

As for your son and his truck....vehicles never fail to be jerks at the worst possible time.

Septic....omg I know that problem. Praying you guys can fix it. And quick.

Perhaps I need to make you a poppet and send peace and healing mojo to you. And do a counter spell to destroy that voodoo doll grin

Sending you lots of hugs.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25824   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8763649

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 4:42 PM on Friday, November 4th, 2022

(((Hugs))) Septic issues— ugh. I hope things settle down over the weekend and you can get some peace b/4 your surgery.

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6144   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8763650

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 6:00 PM on Friday, November 4th, 2022

(((((HFSSC))))))))
Honey you have to have good things heading your way. So prayers/fingers crossed that Monday the tide turns, and you have an amazing recovery and outcome.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8763664

sisoon ( Moderator #31240) posted at 7:24 PM on Friday, November 4th, 2022

Well, at least you had a bath before the septic tank vomited....

That's good news about JM and EMDR, not to mention his ability to fix the truck and the septic tank. You and JM have been through a lot.

The initial success with EMDR and the reasonable hope that your surgery will help ... those are good things coming your way.

I have the same hope that tush does; great surgery, rapid recovery.

fBH (me) - on d-day: 66, Married 43, together 45, same sex ap
DDay - 12/22/2010
Recover'd and R'ed
You don't have to like your boundaries. You just have to set and enforce them.

posts: 30215   ·   registered: Feb. 18th, 2011   ·   location: Illinois
id 8763679

ZenMumWalking ( Guide #25341) posted at 9:54 PM on Friday, November 4th, 2022

WTF??????

Aw honey, I'm sorry for all the crap (literally and figuratively!!). But hey, things can only go up from here, right? (or did I just say the WRONG THING!!)

((((HF))))

Me (BS), Him (WH): late-50's
3 DS: 26, 25, 22
M: 30+ (19 1/2 at Dday)
Dday: Dec 2008
Wanted R, not gonna happen (in permanent S)
Used to be DeadMumWalking, doing better now

posts: 8533   ·   registered: Aug. 28th, 2009   ·   location: EU
id 8763709

deena04 ( member #41741) posted at 3:33 AM on Saturday, November 5th, 2022

Hugs, hugs, and wishes for a better day/week/month.

Me FBS 40s, Him XWS older than me (lovemywife4ever), D, He cheated before M, forgot to tell me. I’m free and loving life.

posts: 3335   ·   registered: Dec. 22nd, 2013   ·   location: Midwest
id 8763743

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 5:52 AM on Saturday, November 5th, 2022

Sending you good juju!

BS Fwh

id 8763754

WhatsRight ( member #35417) posted at 10:33 PM on Saturday, November 5th, 2022

Lots of prayers that surgery goes perfectly, the meds are great, and you get plenty of much needed rest!

So sorry about the septic tank. I’m here moaning the fact that my hall bathroom has a leak in the pipes going to the shower.

What is that old story about people facing tough stuff, and so they each wroth down their stuff and threw it in a jar. Then each person pulled out one of the papers and would have those problems/challenges be their own.
And after after a time, everyone decided that they would rather go back to their own challenges.

To me it’s one reason I appreciate people sharing…that I have the opportunity to focus on others and get my chin up about my own shit!

I know you will come through this with flying colors!!!

"Noone can make you feel inferior without your concent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not be vanquished. Rose Kennedy

posts: 8225   ·   registered: Apr. 23rd, 2012   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8763849
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy