Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

Off Topic :
How it’s going in S S C land

Topic is Sleeping.

HFSSC (original poster member #33338) posted at 11:44 PM on Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022

Saw the Dr today. I now have a real cast instead of the soft cast. Still non weight bearing for another 8-10 weeks. He was very pleased with how the surgery went and my X-rays today. The skin on the dorsal surface of my foot is still pretty raw. He unroofed another area about the size of a quarter. That felt great. 🙄🙄🙄

Our septic system continues to be a problem. The truck that came to pump it 2 weeks ago got their truck stuck and apparently in the process of pulling the truck out they ran over the drain field. So, yay for that.

Then my sister texted me yesterday from the doctor with our mom. She had a very low heart rate and blood pressure. So she saw cardiology first thing this morning (she has never had heart issues at all). She is wearing a holter monitor and has a treadmill test scheduled. She says he will refuse to have a pacemaker put in. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Who knows.

Anyway, a little while ago she posted a video link on my Fb wall and typed in “Somebody’s penis hahaha”. So there’s that. My mom posting peen videos on my damn Facebook feed.

Who wants to pitch my reality show to the networks. I’m gonna call it “Welcome to the Shit Show.” I

Me, 56
Him, 48 (JMSSC)
Married 26 years. Reconciled.

posts: 4962   ·   registered: Sep. 12th, 2011   ·   location: South Carolina
id 8766354

Superesse ( member #60731) posted at 12:43 AM on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022

Haha, and all this just in time for Thanksgiving, yay! Come visit my survey post....your reality is challenging, that's a fact! Hope your mother's bp and heart rate variability aren't pointing to anything scary. (We saw that going on last night with my older brother in the ICU 2 hours before the end of his life.)

Fingers crossed!! And have a blessed Thanksgiving despite it all!

posts: 2128   ·   registered: Sep. 22nd, 2017   ·   location: Washington D C area
id 8766371

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 2:00 AM on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022

Haha! That sounds about right over here as well. DD’s fiancé took her paid off car to get take out. He was in an accident and her car had to be towed. Struggled with calls from insurance, they hit the drivers side bumper and other pieces torn off, leaking fluid. It’s on our insurance. 6 months ago he was coming home from work and his car caught on fire and burn the front half up. He hasn’t replaced it.

BS Fwh

id 8766379

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 3:02 AM on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022

What are we going to do on SI when you go back to work and don't have time to share all of these stories??

Hope your mom's issues are discovered and dealt with easily. Don't know what to say about her refusing a pacemaker. But I guess she has a right to make that decision, knowing how difficult it could make things for you and your siblings. Do you think she's giving up on life since your dad died?

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1358   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8766388

HFSSC (original poster member #33338) posted at 3:41 AM on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022

Hope your mom's issues are discovered and dealt with easily. Don't know what to say about her refusing a pacemaker. But I guess she has a right to make that decision, knowing how difficult it could make things for you and your siblings. Do you think she's giving up on life since your dad died?

So… that’s the bitch of it all with her. It is sometimes impossible to tell if she is messing with us or being serious. She was diagnosed with dementia close to 25 years ago but it’s got to be the slowest progressing case of Alzheimer’s in the history of the world. She has bipolar disorder and very likely a personality disorder— borderline is my guess. For most of my life there was a constant, looming threat of suicide. About 15 years ago I put that shit to bed and she hasn’t tried that again. Since Daddy passed she has said she is ready to die but has no intention of taking matters into her own hands.

As for giving up on life… she’s planning Christmas Eve with the whole fam at her home, and she has this idea for her, my sister and me taking a train ride and then whatever transportation would get us all to Key West.

And let’s not forget posting links to penis videos on my Facebook. 😂😂😂

Me, 56
Him, 48 (JMSSC)
Married 26 years. Reconciled.

posts: 4962   ·   registered: Sep. 12th, 2011   ·   location: South Carolina
id 8766398

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 3:44 AM on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022

I think your a brave woman. I was glad to hear your doing better.

BS Fwh

id 8766401

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 3:51 PM on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022

Glad your foot is on the mend—slow progress is still progress!
And between your septic and your mom- well, let’s just say the TV movie of your life won’t be on the Hallmark channel laugh
Hope the docs sort her out quickly, too.

Maybe ask Santa for a boring new year?

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6144   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8766458

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 4:26 PM on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022

Hamg in there sweet lady.
I'm sure that's upsetting about your mom. Hopefully she will be fixed with med changes and of she needs a pacer changes her mind.

My Hs grandmother was under our care late in life and she needed one. She said to me "Tush they have taken everything out of me they can, now they are wanting to put stuff back in" Lol. She did great and got another 2 years despite a terrible heart with an EF under 25 and CHF .

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8766466

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 11:30 PM on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022

HFSSC, ALWAYS better to laugh when you can.

I'm surprised someone HASN'T thought of the idea of having 'our lives" (SI members) as a reality show already! It could be called something like ... Angels and Infidels. smile

One of my closest co-workers and dear friends has been hit with sudden dementia and Alzheimer's. I say sudden because it sure seems like it came on quickly. It's sad. He calls me 4-5 times a day (I just cannot take all his calls) and he has it in his head that he and I are litigating an important case together. (his family had his bar license suspended.) He forgets his sweet daughter has already graduated law school and passed the bar -- and he brags that she's 'making straight A's in college and plans to go to law school." How sad for her. The sad part is he is super healthy, physically - and doesn't look his age at all but dementia has robbed him of his life. Up until a few years ago he was a well-know criminal defense attorney - even appearing on TV news shows as a commentator.

Hang in there, sounds as if you are improving.

"Because I deserve better"

id 8766517
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy