Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Holiday Gifts

Topic is Sleeping.

Jeaniegirl (original poster member #6370) posted at 8:04 PM on Wednesday, December 28th, 2022

Okay, right away I will admit I'm a terrible gift-giver. This holiday, being so dang sick, I did the cash and gift card route. Not really lazy, just following doc's orders about staying out of crowds.

My extended family get together to eat and at Thanksgiving we draw names for Christmas. The gifts are to be fun and light-hearted. I got the FUNNIEST gift! It's a 2023 calendar of my 'least favorite' politician (not mentioning names) smile His face is on every month's page. Along with the calendar, I got a set of darts to throw at the photos. laugh laugh

My daughter gives the best gifts, so thoughtful. She found a really soft electrical shawl that covers my back and forearms and OMG it's so warm! She also bought me really nice pajamas as I spend so much time at night, working from home. Sitting up at the computer. She also special ordered a small, soft blanket with actual photos of my Mom on it - showing past holiday celebration photos. I've never seen anything like that.

Some of my daughter's friends got a special offer on a 5 day January cruise. So I pitched in for her to go with her friends. That will be so good for her! She will only miss work for two days and she has plenty of personal leave.

So did any of you get gifts that surprised you?

"Because I deserve better"

id 8771255

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 8:32 PM on Wednesday, December 28th, 2022

Oh thise gifts sound awesome. I got dd an electric throw blanket. I also got her a Huggle, sweater blanket. She hasn't taken it off lol

Wh surprised me with a large art desk. It folds up into an easel. Has storage and comes with a stool. I was eyeing that at the store months ago. I'm surprised he remembered. He's also redoing the cubby area so my art desk and a cabinet can fit there with lights. My own personal space.

First time in many years he's made any effort for me.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25824   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8771259

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 11:05 PM on Wednesday, December 28th, 2022

Jeanie, I love the idea of an electric shawl. I have lots of neck and upper back pain. I bet that would feel wonderful!! The photo blanket is an amazing gift to be treasured. I have two Christmas pillows someone made from one of my mom's shirts. I love putting them out every Christmas.

Dragn, I'm so happy you will have some space just for you. The art desk sounds like a very cool gift!!

I got a grooming table to give my poor dog bad hair cuts on. laugh I also got a Blissy silk pillow case. It is amazing. It stays cool and feels so soft and smooth. I love it!!! I won $40 on a scratch off ticket that was in my stocking. My sister got me a really nice blanket bench for my newly painted bedroom. I am very grateful!!!

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8771267

Nanatwo ( member #45274) posted at 12:22 AM on Thursday, December 29th, 2022

This is not a gift I got - but one I gave my husband. I am a horrible gift giver - can never come up with anything that I think anyone really wants - but this year I think I found the perfect gift for my husband. All of my family are huge Texas A&M fans (my dad, cousin and nephew went there). We are fanatics about Aggie football. This year I got him a T-shirt that said:

I Married into This
Texas A&M

He loved it!

Time heals what reason cannot. Seneca

First the truth. Then, maybe, reconciliation. Louise Penny

posts: 618   ·   registered: Oct. 18th, 2014   ·   location: Indiana
id 8771279

nomudnolotus ( member #59431) posted at 5:15 AM on Sunday, January 1st, 2023

My daughter crocheted me a beautiful hood/scarf because I'm always complaining how much I hate the way winter hats feel on my head. It's my favourite colour, purple :D

id 8771688

The1stWife ( Guide #58832) posted at 8:21 AM on Monday, January 2nd, 2023

My H and kids are great gift givers. I’m good at times, great at times and sometimes I fail miserably.

This past Christmas we were having a tough time with younger son so I thought - hey he’s been complaining about the headlights in his car so why don’t we pay for them to be fixed. So at the end of gifts we tell him we had one gift we didn’t wrap - but we will pay for you to get your headlights fixed.

He starts laughing and said I did that months ago (but never told us). We all just laughed.

The ice maker in our refrigerator broke and my H cannot fix it (wrong part etc). For whatever reason he doesn’t want to call in a repair guy to fix it. 😡. So he bought plastic ice cube trays for me for Christmas. You just have to laugh. 😂

[This message edited by The1stWife at 8:22 AM, Monday, January 2nd]

Survived two affairs and brink of Divorce. Happily reconciled. 10 years out from Dday. Reconciliation takes two committed people to be successful.

id 8771753

Jeaniegirl (original poster member #6370) posted at 7:54 PM on Monday, January 2nd, 2023

My brother in law gave me a great gift. He told me to bring my 'go to' car over to his house. It's an older SUV that I drive most of the time. I leave my little convertible Jaguar sports car in the garage (especially in winter) and just drive it occasionally. So I took my SUV to him and he totally changed out the headlights to LED and polished the lights and it made such an improvement! I didn't realize how dim my car headlights were until he updated them. He also cleaned the large windshield and all the class inside. That's a chore for me since some spots are hard for me to reach. So my older, dependable SUV looks like a new car.

What a thoughtful gift!

"Because I deserve better"

id 8771787
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy