Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
I completely snapped today

Topic is Sleeping.

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 10:10 PM on Tuesday, January 10th, 2023

Mostly just a vent.

Second day back at school and both my boys have come home each day upset about being bullied. Big D came home with a cut on his chin from being pushed down on ice.

Poor DS has been bullied since kindergarten and no matter who I spoke to or how much I nagged NOTHING WAS DONE! some might even remember when I blew my top that as a part of the get along anti bullying program DS was put in a group WITH HIS BULLY and then got in trouble for not participating, because his bully was bullying him...duh!

So today I snapped. I called the principal and asked him to please one way or another deal with this bullying because at this point I had given my boys permission to defend themselves even if that meant punching/pushing back.

This is a newer principal and he handled it (me) amazingly. He said he would get to the bottom of what was going on and check back in with me tomorrow.

It's a damn good thing victim services approved IC for both dd and myself. All the stress of just her situation has left me a mess. She text me today that she doesn't want to be at school and definitely doesn't want to be on the bus with her exbf.

Even if i wanted to drive her i can't since wh van broke a front sway bar link so he is using my van. That in itself is a stress that keeps me up at night for reasons that can't be mentioned here. I would have had the van fixed myself by now except I don't want to be working under it while alone at the house. Knowing my luck the jack would give out and the van would crush me. Not that I need to be under the van really but since I really should do the strut and sway bar on the other side as well I just feel better with someone else there while I work.

I'm going to have to take legal action against the horse owner since I still haven't heard anything from him. I spent today rounding up horses that were running around the house, fixing fences AGAIN, and standing guard at the water trough while it filed for a second time because that bloody mare likes to knock it over.

The only horse who behaved and stayed on his side of the fence was my mustang.

Christmas with my family this past weekend was bittersweet. My mom lasted all of an hour before she had to go to bed. She was exhausted and sick. I will say that she taught is kids well. My brothers and I prepared and served the traditional meal. The kids enjoyed themselves with my dad who is holding on but doesn't look that well.

The older of my brothers was a mess worrying that mom was having a stroke again and kept taking her blood pressure. It was normal. I had to step into eldest child role and tell him to calm the hell down. Yes they are aging and need help but neither of our parents need to be babied. Mom is ok. She has the flu and after pushing herself to much the week before our Christmas she just needed to rest.

I have a constant headache, my earache isn't responding to the drops I was given, I'm tired but can't sleep and I either eat to much or not at all.

And all of the above is just the highlights of the shit going on. There's other stuff. 2023 is not starting off on the right foot at all at the dragon cave!

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25824   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8772820

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 2:48 AM on Wednesday, January 11th, 2023

Vent away. You have a lot going on. I remember the bullying incident with your DS. I'm so sorry he is still being subjected to that. Unbelievable!!! You're A great advocate for your kids.

Is the mare one your boarding for someone?

I hope things settle down.

HUGS!!

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8772850

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 5:17 AM on Wednesday, January 11th, 2023

I wish that hug was in person. I sure could use one.

DS told me that even if the bully gets suspended, the kid just sees it as time off and will be back at it when back at school. Sad that kids get to act like this with really no consequences.

I remember vividly the boys torturing me in school. I also remember nearly disloalcating the arm from the shoulder joint of one boy who touched me. He was the last to ever lay a finger on me in school.

I may have been small but that day everyone knew I wasn't one to mess with.

I reigned in that firey side of myself. Probably should have let it soar. My fear is if DS ever fights back he won't have any restraint. Hopefully the school will take appropriate action. Ds can and will fight back. BIG d, not so much.

Wh got me the game of Thrones series for Christmas. Since I can't sleep most nights, I have been binging. OmG I love it. Ok way to much blood and boobs but the scheming of the "imp" is brilliant.... and predictable. Small but smart.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

id 8772863

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 2:32 PM on Wednesday, January 11th, 2023

I wish I could hug you in person!!

I haven't watched GOT yet but my sister and DD loved it!! It's nice to have a distraction. Enjoy it!!!

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8772893

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 2:53 PM on Wednesday, January 11th, 2023

I was just down in F&G looking for the thread on GOT. I was sure there was one but the series ended in May 2019 and the posts only go to August 2019 on page 25.

We didnt have home internet and thus no way to watch anything that way. We have always waited until it came out on DVD or blu-ray.

Currently I'm annoyed that YellowStone season 5 is just sorta hanging. Was the last episode the finale or is there more coming???

Same with Lord of the Rings, rings of power series. I hate getting all caught up in something only to have it delayed or cancelled.

At least with the full Game of Thrones set I can watch when I want. Wh went to bed after 2 episodes and since I couldn't sleep I stayed up and got one full disk ahead lol. If I hadn't looked at the clock and realized it was past midnight I probably would have finished season 2 lol.

Tonight I'm taking a sleeping pill. 3 - 3 1/2 hours of sleep each night isnt enough.

Oh yes the mares are the ones that are boarded. The two older mares aren't friendly at all. I can't get near them to halter them. The trouble maker is a youngster, curious and wants attention. If she stopped destroying fences I'd actually like her. I have left her halter on since it's easier to just walk up to her, give her some scratches then lead her back to the other horses that way.

id 8772901

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 3:09 PM on Wednesday, January 11th, 2023

You had reason to snap! Unfortunately I think your son is right, the bulling will go on.

I need to watch GOT. I enjoyed the first season then fell off with the break. I thing I need to binge it. We are going to binge the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

That is tough seeing your parents in bad shape. If I was your Mom I would be pissed at being disturbed with the blood pressure checking.

I am curious what your traditional meal is.

Hope you have a better rest of the day!

BS Fwh

id 8772903

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 3:10 PM on Wednesday, January 11th, 2023

I don't like that there are so many different streaming services now. Everything we want to watch seems to be on a different one. GOT was on HBOgo I think. We don't subscribe to that.

I'm interested in Yellowstone. Is that on regular tv or streaming?

I only have Prime and Netflix for streaming.

D-day April 2010

id 8772906

MIgander ( member #71285) posted at 3:44 PM on Wednesday, January 11th, 2023

I may have been small but that day everyone knew I wasn't one to mess with.

Yeah, it's ugly, but sometimes, violence is the answer... I had to beat my sister near to death before she stopped messing with me. crying

I've told my kids they will get in trouble for starting fights. They won't get in trouble for ending a fight someone else started. They will get in trouble for NOT sticking up for each other. They will not get in trouble for fighting on the behalf of their sibling. The way I grew up left SCARS and I'm making it clear to my kids that they are to have each other's back NO MATTER WHAT in the outside world. I can only hope they accept the lesson...

Anyway, yeah, you did the right thing in snapping. Unless you have a rockstar counselor at school, this shit gets pushed under the rug. I really think most admins can't be bothered to do the job the parents aren't doing at home- disciplining their kids. Good for you showing the mother bear.

The van sitch SUCKS. Can you get your brother over to help?

I'm sorry your folks aren't doing well. Hopefully your mom gets through the flu and perks back up soon.

Are you going to be able to get rid of the horses that aren't being paid for? Or take ownership and sell them? They're getting to be more trouble than they're worth from the sounds of it. I hate that their owner has dumped them on you and essentially abandoned them. Maybe you can just drop them off on his property one day! laugh It just sucks because they're innocent and loving creatures in all this and don't deserve what's happening to them. Even with them being a total PITA with the escaping and water trough antics. I wonder why she's doing that? Is the mare bored?

And I second Zebra- what's your traditional meal?

WW/BW Dday July 2019. BH/WH- multiple EA's. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

posts: 1189   ·   registered: Aug. 15th, 2019   ·   location: Michigan
id 8772913

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 5:43 PM on Wednesday, January 11th, 2023

Sorry, I put my head down since it's just pounding and I have the worst chills.

Yellowstone isn't bad. But it's on the same level as Sons Of Anarchy when it comes to just one thing after another going wrong.

If we binge watch we start off with the Hobbit movies first then the Lord Of The Rings. Also will do the entire Harry Potter saga, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Mummy movies, godzilla lol

Our meal begins with a dish called Kutia. An old dish that honors our ancestors. Poppy seeds, wheat and honey water. Once done it is washed down with a sip of wine to honor the farmers.

Next is Borshch.

Then the main meal of various types of cabbage rolls, perogies, pickled fish, Harvard Beets, different vegetables, traditional bread. This year mom had a Ham. Years past she has done Cornish hens. English Christmas they had bison.

It's a 12 dish, 3 course meal.

Lots of dishes lol

Typically we have poppyseed cake but this year no one had room to eat lol

id 8772947

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 10:48 PM on Wednesday, January 11th, 2023

So tye principal called me. He spoke with both my boys. He has already dealt with one bully for ds, others will be spoken to tomorrow. As for Big D, it's a group issue so he will be calling them all in tomorrow.

Sheesh.

Also today I got notices from the health department for the twins and missing vaccinations. Ummm NO,they are up to date. Doctors offices don't report them anymore. It's annoying because the government/health department sent me letters about being behind in my wellness woman checks so they DO have some access. Why can't they just have access or proper reporting for vaccinations...

Dd and I both got a large package from victim services. Has all the information about the incident, court dates, resources for us etc. Dd is a bit freaked out. She's scared she will be required to testify. Hopefully her recorded statement is more than enough.

And my head still hurts! Tylenol and advil just aren't helping. Blah!

id 8772997

Klaviyo2 ( new member #82463) posted at 10:25 AM on Thursday, January 12th, 2023

(((HUGS))) to you, you have SOOO much going on. You're a warrior!!

Regarding the horses - do you guys use electric fencing where you are? The stables I used to keep my horses at used it - the type that is a bright orange tape - when horses were new. They'd test it out, get a zap and not want to go near it again. Then they'd turn the electricity off but the horses didn't know they just stayed clear (apart from my pony who jumped it on a couple of occasions because his best friend was in the next field laugh ).

Anyway, the electric tape is much cheaper here than building wooden fencing, so if it's an option that you haven't tried it might pay off in the long run?..

I hope you can find time to take a relaxing breather at some point. It sounds like you are constantly on the go and could really do with a proper break FOR YOU.

x

D day 1: 4/13/2022.
Me BS 45, WH 44, married 8 years
D day 2,3,4...: Dec 2022 as I investigated further. Was trying to R, on path to D now.

id 8773047

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 3:53 PM on Thursday, January 12th, 2023

Currently I'm annoyed that YellowStone season 5 is just sorta hanging. Was the last episode the finale or is there more coming???

Last episode was the "Mid-Season Finale". It's supposed to start back up in the summer.

id 8773074

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 8:13 PM on Thursday, January 12th, 2023

Regarding the horses - do you guys use electric fencing where you are?

Technically no. The electric was for the goats. Damn things just jumped over the electric netting. I put up a wood fence but the managed to climb that...

The horses that were here before the 3 mares came had all been trained on electric and we built a temporary small paddock using electric when the vet/farrier came.
With that group (3 geldings, 4 mares) the field fence was enough and they have over 90 acres to roam. Now at that point I only owned 2 geldings and one mare. The others were friends of ours. They sold their three mares and gave us their gelding, the mustang.

Wh and I decided to extend our backyard so we put up 300 feet of new field fence to keep the horses back from the house. About half of that area became the goat/pig pasture. The other half was where we put our fire pit.

When the 3 mares came, that mare took down the new fence. The corner posts are wood in cement. The rest was metal T posts. She literally pushed the T posts over.

I ran electric but my energizer is solar and doesn't provide enough of a zap to teach her respect. I need one that plugs into the house..which is another issue. There's only one plug out the south side of the house for outdoor stuff and that's being used for the water heater in the trough. If I plug anything else into that it blows the breaker.

Before we got snow wh put the round bales up against the back of the pig house and the bales of squares down the side driveway by the parked horse trailer.

When the big snow storm hit the tractor couldn't get back there and since the mare already took down part of the fence I closed up the original fence again and let the horses have access to the rounds. The problem has been that the mare has broken through that original fencing to have access to all around the house. The only thing stopping her from getting on the road is our front gate.

Last night all but the mustang had gotten out to the lower driveway and were enjoying the square bales. Even with the fence down he refused to cross the line. I went and got the troublemaker mare and lead her back and the rest followed. I then put the fence back up, IN THE DARK, and they stayed there the night. Trouble maker is out again but she's staying close to the others.

I have a couple options.

The area where the goats were (fucking coyotes!) Is mostly a wood fence with the electric netting along the inside. I can put all of the horses in there. All I need to do then is get a couple cords to reach the water trough I'd have to move.

That's the easiest option.

I could try to dig post holes to replace the field fence along the north side but the ground is frozen and we can usually get about 2 feet before we hit shale. That's why we made the holes wider and used cement for the corner wood posts.

I'll probably put them in the goat pasture. I can extend the shelter for the horses easy enough.

id 8773107

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 8:18 PM on Thursday, January 12th, 2023

Last episode was the "Mid-Season Finale". It's supposed to start back up in the summer.

Oh ok.

Please help me out. Didn't shows begin in September and run through the school year then end when summer came?

Now it seems shows start and end any time they want.

My brother called to say our mother isn't doing well so he made a doc appointment but believes she will be sent to hospital. She's lost 10 pounds since Sunday, has chills, is vomiting. I'm waiting to hear what's happening.

Got a call from one of the therapists from victim services for me. Appointment is set. Now to get dd set up.

Due to freezing rain buses were cancelled. I suspect they will be tomorrow as well.

id 8773109

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 3:57 AM on Friday, January 13th, 2023

Dragn, I hope things are leveling out for you a little bit. So sorry about the bullying -- I despise bullying and despise even more the people who don't take it seriously and DO something about it.

I've been swamped with work but checking in tonight on everyone. I hope DD is doing better too.

"Because I deserve better"

id 8773160

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 9:02 PM on Friday, January 13th, 2023

I I don’t know if this will help. I just saw a blurb somewhere about running a wire around a pen and string pvc on it. Coyotes can’t get over when jumping a fence as it spins.

BS Fwh

id 8773327

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 11:33 PM on Saturday, January 14th, 2023

Jeaniegirl, dd does seem ok. She's been playing games as usual. Eating better too.

I just saw a blurb somewhere about running a wire around a pen and string pvc on it. Coyotes can’t get over when jumping a fence as it spins.

Yes I've seen this as well. The thing is I have seen them jump clear over a 6 foot fence. When they want to get by a fence they will.

Actually Tuesday I was walking the three younger kids to the bus and little M spotted a coyote that had just wiggled through the field fence that runs along side the driveway. Luckily it kept running. I take out my whip now when we go out.

Last night around 11pm our driveway alarm went off. Out I went with my whip and headlamp to herd the horses to the back. Troublemaker even tried to spend the night on the deck... rolleyes

After I got back from my grocery shopping I headed out to see if I could get the horses in the goat pasture.

It went much easier than I thought. One of the mares has refused to leave the area with the round bales despite the rest of them down by the stacked square bales. This mare just neighs.

I ran an extension cord out to the goat pasture for a heated water bucket (I'll move the water trough tomorrow with the tractor), then opened the goat pasture gate. This mare followed me right in. When I brought out the water bucket the rest of the horses came running (thinking it was grain).

Once they were all in I got a bucket of grain and put out piles for them. They also have hay.

I've got a camera on them so I can watch. Now just have to wait and see if they try to get past the wood fence. It's not a small pasture, they have better shelter and food and water. Hopefully they stay put.

As an aside wh was a total jerk today while I was out and I've been doing my best to keep it together since I got home. From now on my phone stays off when I'm out.

Oh my mother is better. Saw her doctor. She is sick but he believes she's on the mend.

id 8773412

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 7:18 AM on Tuesday, January 17th, 2023

Coyotes are nasty. Glad to hear your Mom is feeling better.

BS Fwh

id 8773608

somanyyears ( member #26970) posted at 5:50 PM on Wednesday, February 1st, 2023

..life seems to be crazy for everybody these days...I'm just waiting for the next mass murder or the next traffic stop to go sideways..??? sad

"I spent the day rounding up horses that were running around the house."

I have to ask ??... what were the horses doing in the house in the first place!?? laugh

A belated Happy New Year to you Drag'n../.

Take care of yourself eh!!

smy smile

trust no other human- love only your pets. Reconciled I think!Me 77 Her 73 Married 52 yrs. 18 yr LTA with bff/lawyer. Little fucker died at 57.Brain tumour!

posts: 6045   ·   registered: Dec. 29th, 2009   ·   location: Ontario Canada
id 8775676
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy