Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Need guidance Son is going on Alaska trip solo.

Topic is Sleeping.

time2Bstronger (original poster member #34715) posted at 11:37 PM on Wednesday, February 8th, 2023

This is very scary for me, as a Mom. My son is 22 yrs. old. He definitely is intelligent and makes good decisions. I was hoping we could go on a 7 day Alaskan cruise this summer. Due to this, he began researching and decided he wanted to go on an interior vacation into Alaska.

He will be traveling by himself. Is it safe?

He will be in Anchorage for 3 days and then in Fairbanks for a week.

My kid has so many fun things planned! I hope he has a once in a life-time trip. Any suggestions? any Alaskan members?

id 8776688

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 12:43 AM on Thursday, February 9th, 2023

Oh, goodness gracious. Your son is 22 years old and intelligent and makes good decisions. He will be fine. He has the internet to research EVERYTHING before he goes, and will be much more well-informed than if you or I had wanted to do something similar when we were his age.

One of the summers when my H was in college, he worked for a boy's camp in Colorado, as a counselor. He took a group of young teenagers backpacking into the Rocky Mountains for days. They did a number of 14ers, and everyone survived. He has such fond memories of that time.

Encourage your son to do this and give him your blessing. Ask him how he'd feel about having regular check-ins with you (maybe he'll need to get a satellite phone) so you know he's safe... like every other day or so.

Two years ago, two Stanford University students decided to hike the Appalachian Trail, Continental Divide Trail, and Pacific Crest Trail, all in one year, which very, very few people have ever done. I followed their progress on Instagram, and was so impressed with these two young men. Again, with the internet, it's so easy to be that much more prepared these days.

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1358   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8776700
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy