Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

Off Topic :
The whats on your mind thread

Topic is Sleeping.

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 9:24 PM on Thursday, April 7th, 2022

Because I am anal

I'd drive you nuts in person. Just ask my wife...

I once described myself as OCD and wh came back with no you're just anal.

Growing up we had a dishwasher. It was built in, very cool. But if you didn't load it correctly the dishes didn't get clean.

When I worked at the group home I was amazed how many people just tossed dishes in all mishmash and then the dirty dishes just got crusties that needed to then be srubbed off. It's like come one.

Also, hate when anyone leaves one square of toilet paper on thr roll. Just use the last piece and put on a new roll.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25824   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8728549

MIgander ( member #71285) posted at 9:40 PM on Thursday, April 7th, 2022

Hah, i see we have a similar dishwasher loading philosphy. BH hates it when he loads it, but I rearrange it. When i do though, I can get 2x the amount of dishes in AND it is all clean.

At this point I load, kids put away and we are all happy.

Except when BH is helpful amd loads it for me laugh

WW/BW Dday July 2019. BH/WH- multiple EA's. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

posts: 1189   ·   registered: Aug. 15th, 2019   ·   location: Michigan
id 8728552

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 10:23 PM on Thursday, April 7th, 2022

I have tried to step back and let the kids do things for themselves without me getting involved but dammit I always end up suffering.

We do not have a dishwasher here. It's hand wash only. And yes the kids do dishes every day.

But....they NEVER, NEVER put stuff bsck in the same place twice. Ever....

Drives me up the wall when I need something.

Thought for today: when I redo the kitchen I am installing a pull out step under the stove.

Being 4'91/2" tall sucks. I cannot reach the knobs on the stove without risking lighting my boobs on fire if a front element is on! I am always on my tip toes.

So tonight I have three pots and my cast iron pan on the stove. Two front pots are boiling, one potatoes, the other Kraft dinner. I reach over to stir MY dinner thats in the cast iron pan and get a steam burn to my arm.

Wait it gets better.

Finish my dinner and take my 12" cast iron pan to the sink to clean it and it slips out if my hand. But ME being ME tried to catch it and had this heavy a$$ pan squish my index finger.

I think it's bedtime!

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

id 8728558

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 11:00 PM on Thursday, April 7th, 2022

Hah, i see we have a similar dishwasher loading philosphy. BH hates it when he loads it, but I rearrange it. When i do though, I can get 2x the amount of dishes in AND it is all clean.

Well there's two of you I'd drive nuts. Ours doesn't have a heating element so it doesn't really do the caked on part. If something doesn't come clean I spray it off and run it through again.

We have budget for all the agreed upon joint bills. Our budget has our the joint bills by monthly total, our joint take home pay, and the % of each take home pay versus total. She transfers her portion into the joint account and I add it to my account to pay the joint bills every month. I also do all this in a quicken type program where everything transaction is tracked and categorized. We've done it this way since we've been married as neither of us wants to answer for our personal spending. I've redone the budget a few times. She's been after me to re-budget again for the last few months after I slipped and mentioned that our bills have gone up a bit. I've been avoiding it since I knew from paying them that the bills have gone up dramatically since the last time (teenager starting to drive for one) and she really couldn't afford her % now. Especially after she bought her new car. Truthfully I fudged her part downward a bit last time. So I dumped all the bills and credit card transactions for 2021 out by category and payee this weekend. We discussed which ones were joint and any adjustments that needed to be made. Once everything was added together the joint total was 1000 higher than last time which meant her part went up 300. I couldn't fudge that away. She wasn't happy but I think I got her to agree to just keep giving me what she has been. I told her it was like income tax where those that earn more pay at a higher rate.

[This message edited by grubs at 11:02 PM, Thursday, April 7th]

id 8728567

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 3:01 AM on Friday, April 8th, 2022

I have my federal and state taxes ready to go in the mail. Money orders for payments included. But I always wait until the last minute to mail them because I hate having to pay when so many other people DON'T have to pay. I have a good accountant so my taxes are always filed honestly. I would never cheat but I do wait until the last minute to get the post mark on the envelope. smile

"Because I deserve better"

id 8728596

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 3:29 AM on Friday, April 8th, 2022

Hand washing dishes makes more sense to me.

First you have total control over how clean it gets.

Second you use less water.

The dishwasher got a leak. We stopped using it. Water company called my mom asking why we weren't using water. It made such a difference on their water bill they never got the machine fixed.

I wish I could budget. My dad went over budgeting with me. For as smart as I am (I skipped two grades so yeah I've got brains) handling money issues causes me great stress and I go blank.

I'm dropping off our taxes tomorrow. I love my accountant!

id 8728601

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 3:34 AM on Friday, April 8th, 2022

Hmmmmm for having a cast iron pan drop on my finger its surprisingly unbruised.

The steam burn, however, has finally showed its ugly face.

Large red blotchy area that feels funky to the touch.

Does anyone else have freckles?

And if yes do you ever notice when you get a new freckle? Like you are so accustomed to what your hand looks like that a new spot stands out like a sore thumb...

id 8728603

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 5:33 AM on Friday, April 8th, 2022

I have a dishwasher that I might use once or twice a year if I have a family gathering at my home. The rest of the time I hand wash my dishes. I prefer to hand wash. I'm on a water well so using water is not an issue, I just prefer to feel the dishes and know they are really clean. I've never minded washing dishes. It's folding and putting away laundry that I don't like. smile

id 8728618

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 12:56 PM on Friday, April 8th, 2022

It's folding and putting away laundry that I don't like.

Me too!!!!!

I have a pile of clothes on the bed that needs to be put away. I did manage to fold it. Why is this such a struggle?

id 8728649

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 3:50 PM on Friday, April 8th, 2022

Our dishwasher and washer runs almost every day. Wife's latest demon is the kitchen sink we put in a year ago. Big stainless sink with square sides and flat bottom. It has a slotted rubber mat that stands off the bottom with fingers. Stuff gets stuck under the mat and we end up running the matt through the dishwasher and scrubbing the sink at least once a week.

I have my federal and state taxes ready to go in the mail. Money orders for payments included. But I always wait until the last minute to mail them because I hate having to pay when so many other people DON'T have to pay.

I do that with everything. Why should I pay early and let them have use of that money. I'd do it if they gave me something like a discount to do so. This came up last week because I mentioned what our primary card is and what it will be next month due to all the vacation charges to the wife. She wanted to know why I didn't just pay it all off with this month's bill since the money for vacation is sitting in savings.
This is illustrated to the differences in how we spend. I tend to try to spend as little as possible. She spends what she has. So for her, she'd pay the card off early to avoid spending that money on something else.

My trick to budgeting is realizing that I can't budget everything precisely. I like to have quite a bit of flex for contingencies and discretionary splurges. Our joint budget is around half our AGI. If we add our mandatory personal bills the "budgeted" part probably comes in at 70%

id 8728759

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 12:44 PM on Saturday, April 9th, 2022

My Grandmother - I could write a book about her. Some days I wake up missing her. I was her first grandchild and we were very close. She was FUNNY up until the last day she past. Always making everyone laugh. She had so many funny sayings. I woke up early this morning thinking of her. She was a strong, mountain woman who had ten children. She loved to eat good food and she'd say ..."I'm gonna' cook because I'm hungry as a Bitch Wolf!" Always made me laugh. So I woke up hungry this morning. So I am cooking, just for me -- bacon, hash browns, home-made biscuits and cream gravy. Yum! I haven't had a great appetite since cancer surgery so I think the message from my Grandmother this morning is ... EAT!

id 8728891

MIgander ( member #71285) posted at 2:09 PM on Saturday, April 9th, 2022

Jeanie, your gma sounds like an awesome woman!

I am sitting down right now with my dog glued to my side. We got her a few months before covid, so she has rarely had to deal with being separated from me. I even take her to work sometimes if I am only going to be there a few hours and the weather is ok for her to be in the car.

I was at work all day yesterday and she was crated the whole time. Boy oh boy, she has separation anxiety! I havent been able to pee alone since I came home! laugh

Someone said that dogs have the mental age of 3 year olds. I can concur- when my kids were 3 they would open the bathroom door and come right up to me when I was on the toilet! grin no boundaries! laugh

Dogs are really too pure for us humans to deserve them sometimes blush

id 8728900

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 5:42 PM on Saturday, April 9th, 2022

Jeaniegirl

Your grandmother sound like my paternal grandmother.

Also, although I didn't know her long before she passed my maternal grandmother was a total badass! Out in thr fields working, went into labour, came in, delivered baby, cleaned up, strapped baby to her back and back out to the field she went.

MIgander

There's a quote I saw about a child's explanation why dogs die so young. Kid says well they already know how to love so they don't habe to stay here long.

I miss having a dog!

Why is it burns get nasty looking a few days after they happen...no jot infected just barf looking

id 8728916

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 8:54 PM on Saturday, April 9th, 2022

If there was one mistake made during the creation of this thing we call the universe and life, it's the fact our Doggies die before we do. They should have been created to die the same day we do.

id 8728933

WTAF ( member #79274) posted at 10:26 PM on Sunday, April 10th, 2022

What's on my mind right now is that I underestimated how painful gallbladder surgery recovery is. It is a sharp, burning pain where I imagine that my gallbladder used to be.

posts: 121   ·   registered: Aug. 13th, 2021   ·   location: All up in my feelings
id 8729068

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 4:37 PM on Thursday, April 14th, 2022

Interesting article I came across today.

A new protein-based antiviral nasal spray developed by researchers at Northwestern University, University of Washington and Washington University at St. Louis is being advanced toward Phase I human clinical trials to treat COVID-19.

Designed computationally and refined in the laboratory, the new protein therapies thwarted infection by interfering with the virus’ ability to enter cells. The top protein neutralized the virus with similar or greater potency than antibody treatments with Emergency Use Authorization status from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Notably, the top protein also neutralized all tested SARS-CoV-2 variants, something that many clinical antibodies have failed to do.

When researchers administered the treatment to mice as a nasal spray, they found that the best of these antiviral proteins reduced symptoms of infection — or even prevented infection outright.

If this was available it would have been useful for the dragon household. It would be wonderful if this significantly shortened recovery times, but I see it most useful is reducing intra household transmission.

id 8729741

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 3:54 AM on Monday, April 25th, 2022

A 60 year old woman was found dead in her home yesterday afternoon, less than a mile from me. Homicide. Looks to be a home invasion and robbery. No suspects yet. She lived on 5 acres and has horses. Just a little too close to home!

id 8731775

MIgander ( member #71285) posted at 4:59 PM on Monday, April 25th, 2022

Yikes Jeaniegirl!

That's wayyy too much for me to feel comfortable about.

Do you have any security system set up? Motion lights, ring doorbell?

id 8731873

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 5:52 PM on Monday, April 25th, 2022

Shotgun behind the door and revolver in the nightstand were what my grandparents went with. I don't like guns but they have a place. On large acreage homes in rural neighborhoods you really are on your own.

id 8731889

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 8:04 PM on Monday, April 25th, 2022

I have cameras.

Police are being very tight-lipped about the investigation. "Rumor' is she was car-jacked about 2 miles from home and forced back to her home where she was killed. But that's just a rumor.

id 8731909
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy