Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Dog behavior issue

Topic is Sleeping.

Superesse ( member #60731) posted at 4:35 AM on Tuesday, February 14th, 2023

Oh no, not the passsive-aggressive peeing!😣 Glad he is doing better. Do you think he was just "making a statement," as you were "ignoring him,l or is it possible his recent UTI might have played a part in that?

When our dear old boy was all of a sudden pooping in the house without even asking to go OUT, it was totally not like him. It would have been pretty easy to put it down to his worsening mental condition and old age, so I just shook my head. But after I realized he was rapidly losing body weight, even while pooping more than ever before on the low fat, low protein diet the vet recommended, I made a change. Turns out that low fat and low protein kibble has to have something in it to bulk it up, and when I checked the bag, the fiber content was 10%. I switched him to a higher quality food with very low fiber and all of a sudden, no more "accidents" in the house! I felt sort of guilty for assuming he hadn't "cared enough to ask" to go out. I think the old dog just had no warning when the freight train was a-coming through! 🙂

posts: 2128   ·   registered: Sep. 22nd, 2017   ·   location: Washington D C area
id 8777593

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 12:47 PM on Tuesday, February 14th, 2023

My old girl has always pottied to spite us when she isn't happy w/ us. She has pooped on my H's side of the bed more times than I can count. Thank goodness her poops are always nice and firm. And if she couldn't get to the bed she would hit his side of the couch. LOL.

She is the best bad dog ever.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8777621
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy