Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Heart disease in 35 year old

Topic is Sleeping.

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 10:15 PM on Wednesday, March 8th, 2023

Lionne - we haven't heard from you in a while. Is everything OK? How's your son?

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1358   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8781337

Bigger ( Attaché #8354) posted at 12:08 PM on Thursday, March 9th, 2023

I might be totally off but as always this is posted with the best of intentions.
Fat, overweight and seems to have given up on dealing with that…

The old myth about obesity being a choice has been debunked as often as it’s been "proven". For very many eating -> obesity is a combination of psychological and biological factors. My user-name Bigger is partially a reference to my size. I eat relatively healthy and can still easily complete a 10 mile hike in rough conditions, bench +200 and still don’t take any regular drugs to manage blood-pressure or any irregularity. Yet I’m obese, and have been battling obesity since my late teens.

It can be heart-wrenching and demoralizing when you adhere to a strict keto-diet and commute the 8 miles of hilly country by bike, yet at best maybe lose 2-3 pounds. It can be demoralizing realizing you need special stores for your clothes, and limit your purchases to the ones with more than XXX on them…
I get it. Been on the verge of that area and nearly slipped into permanent residence.

Only… my saving grace is that in all aspects I’m healthy. No heart issues, no blood pressure, clean arteries…

My MD pointed out a change in bloodwork though… Something that if left unchecked MIGHT lead to type 2 diabetes. I was put on one of those relatively new often mislabeled ditet-drugs (Saxenda/liraglutide) and in a year I lost over 50 pounds. Still losing weight although more gradually. Maybe 2-3 pounds per month.
The MAJOR difference I experience is that for the first time in decades I feel full after a meal. It takes time to learn how to respond to that, and to realize that after one plate of whatever food you have you might be full. That you don’t need breakfast but can fast to noon, that you don’t need 2 sandwiches for lunch, but that one will do. That you don’t have to snack in the afternoon because that "pain" in your tummy is the pain of being full, and not the pain and fear of starving…

I know he’s dealing with heart-issues, but it does sound like they are aggravated by lifestyle. Nobody chooses or wants to have difficulties buying clothes, tying their shoelaces or wiping their behind. Everyone wants to be happy. Maybe one of these diet-drugs might give him that lifeline to a healthier life?

"If, therefore, any be unhappy, let him remember that he is unhappy by reason of himself alone." Epictetus

id 8781373

Lionne (original poster member #25560) posted at 4:55 PM on Thursday, March 9th, 2023

We are okay. Very busy. Don't know how I got stuff done when I was working. I am having terrible insomnia so I wind up sleeping in. But I'm just not letting that get to me for now.
Bigger, I have 2 friends that are obese and healthy. One lousy over 150 lbs while on WW for 2 years. She gained some back, but goes back on the plan when she isn't traveling. It's been successful for her. She was getting winded and was uncomfortable in plane seats, for example. But yes, being obese isn't a guarantee of poor health.
DS is probably obese by BMI standards. But not to the point where clothes are a problem. And now that his heart is getting blood, he's able to hike, ski, etc. without trouble. They've decided to not attempt to unblock the other artery as the corollaries seem to be doing their job.
He SAYS he's eating better, drinking less, I hope so. He'll get an echocardiogram in a few weeks to see if he's regained any of the heart function he lost and see if the ECG has gone back to normal.
As always, I truly appreciate all your insights and advice. Thanks for checking on me!

Me-BS-65 in May<BR />HIM-SAFWH-68<BR />I just wanted a normal life.<BR />Normal trauma would have been appreciated.

posts: 8528   ·   registered: Sep. 18th, 2009   ·   location: In my head
id 8781399

deena04 ( member #41741) posted at 1:55 AM on Friday, March 10th, 2023

Prayers to you all.

Me FBS 40s, Him XWS older than me (lovemywife4ever), D, He cheated before M, forgot to tell me. I’m free and loving life.

posts: 3335   ·   registered: Dec. 22nd, 2013   ·   location: Midwest
id 8781442

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 11:55 PM on Friday, March 10th, 2023

Glad to hear you're OK; fingers crossed that he continues to find healthier choices for himself. Hiking and skiing are good things (as long as you're careful!).

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1358   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8781664
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy