Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Trouble selling my house

Topic is Sleeping.

leafields ( Guide #63517) posted at 2:14 AM on Tuesday, January 31st, 2023

Congratulations!

BW M 34years, Dday 1: March 2018, Dday 2: August 2019, D final 2/25/21

posts: 3735   ·   registered: Apr. 21st, 2018   ·   location: Washington State
id 8775461

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 2:53 AM on Tuesday, January 31st, 2023

My sister balked about it being under market value.

Market value is a trailing figure. Most areas are going through a correction after last years extremely hot market and this years interest rate hikes.

id 8775467

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 3:34 AM on Tuesday, January 31st, 2023

I hope your showing went well.

I have seriously thought about selling my house and I had a market analysis done last spring. Unreal that the price she said she could list it for was 7 x's what I originally paid for it. But .. the reason is, I have LAND and I'm not under any 'townships' -- only county so less restrictions. It didn't take a genius for me to figure out she was seeing dollar signs - for selling it as a pot grow farm. No way. I care too much for my neighbors to do that to them.

There is no way I ever want to be a renter so I'd have to buy something else because I have six outside cats and two inside puppies. Just not worth the hassle. So here I sit with an older home, too large, that is starting to need some major repairs and upgrades. Like new windows and possibly a new heat and air system. Oh well, one thing at a time. I also have a condo but I don't have to worry about it as I have a long-term renter and the maintenance is minimal.

You have a plan so I hope your home sells soon.

"Because I deserve better"

id 8775472

WalkinOnEggshelz (original poster administrator #29447) posted at 3:37 AM on Tuesday, January 31st, 2023

We got an offer ourselves! Also close to 15K under asking but it is a fair offer and no contingencies which is great.

We might have been able to hold out for a better offer but I didn’t want to scare off a fair one just to get greedy.

Now the insanity begins!

We need to get rid of almost everything in this house. I’m excited about this next chapter but it’s also feeling very real now.

If you keep asking people to give you the benefit of the doubt, they will eventually start to doubt your benefit.

posts: 16686   ·   registered: Aug. 27th, 2010   ·   location: Anywhere and everywhere
id 8775473

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 6:37 AM on Tuesday, January 31st, 2023

Great!! Congrats !!

"Because I deserve better"

id 8775476

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 1:19 PM on Tuesday, January 31st, 2023

Yay!! Congratulations!!!

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8775493

WalkinOnEggshelz (original poster administrator #29447) posted at 4:50 PM on Wednesday, February 1st, 2023

Ugh, I hate this. The buyers decided to back out. Apparently they decided they wanted options that our house does not have like a 3 car garage and a media room. So we are back at it, but on hold because we are in the middle of icemegedon here. Things should melt off by Friday and we will be back to open houses again until we can get another offer.

If you keep asking people to give you the benefit of the doubt, they will eventually start to doubt your benefit.

posts: 16686   ·   registered: Aug. 27th, 2010   ·   location: Anywhere and everywhere
id 8775664

WhatsRight ( member #35417) posted at 7:55 PM on Wednesday, February 1st, 2023

But of course…

Who ever heard of a home without a three car garage and a media room? Right?

I certainly hope you have some of the basics like an indoor pool, a sauna and a recording studio.

🙄🙄🙄

[This message edited by WhatsRight at 8:14 PM, Wednesday, February 1st]

"Noone can make you feel inferior without your concent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not be vanquished. Rose Kennedy

posts: 8225   ·   registered: Apr. 23rd, 2012   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8775695

WalkinOnEggshelz (original poster administrator #29447) posted at 11:57 AM on Friday, February 3rd, 2023

I certainly hope you have some of the basics like an indoor pool, a sauna and a recording studio.

Doesn’t everyone? laugh

id 8775900

Superesse ( member #60731) posted at 1:32 AM on Saturday, February 4th, 2023

Yeah we went through something similar. They knew that going in, but must have found another house after yours. Or the couple were never in agreement. Agents seem to always work for the buyers no matter what they tell us sellers. As our agent said, the commission doesn't get paid until the buyer comes through. Sorry!

We found our first 2 buyers tried adding clauses with the offer that were going to cause us issues on inspection, as the house was older and inspectors don't always recognize old codes (I retired as a building inspector so I was shocked to see this happen. Younger generation trainees. Happened to us and we lost a sale.) We finally agreed to a lower price with no further inspections. They already knew what we had, since the agent shared the previous inspection reports.

PITA. Keep safe! Spring is 6 more weeks.

posts: 2128   ·   registered: Sep. 22nd, 2017   ·   location: Washington D C area
id 8776152
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy