Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

Off Topic :
Any of y'all following the Murdaugh Trial?

Topic is Sleeping.

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 10:01 PM on Friday, February 24th, 2023

Oh my! This in my mind shows corruption from the get go.

BS Fwh

id 8779324

HFSSC (original poster member #33338) posted at 3:04 AM on Tuesday, February 28th, 2023

Well, for anyone not keeping up with THE Trial, here’s my recap for the day.

Today’s testimony started out with two expert witnesses who, I swear, were essentially interchangeable. Their voices just droned on and on.

Which reminds me of Friday. There are a couple of notes from Friday. One is that the jurors have apparently been issued blankets because the courtroom is maintained at a temperature you could hang meat in it. One of the jurors has had her blanket wrapped way up to her neck until Friday when it was literally over her head according to people who were there. Oh, and she stuffed Kleenex in her ears. Was it to keep the nails-on-a-chalk-board voice of Lie-Lie down to a tolerable volume? That’s my guess.

After court it was revealed that Lie-Lie had yet another charge laid against him. This is a misdemeanor contraband charge stemming from a book handed to him by a family member earlier in the month. “What kind of book?” you might ask. Well, it was a John Grisham book. 🤣🤣🤣. Of COURSE it was a John Grisham book.

At any rate, the 1st expert today seemed to have the sole purpose of clarifying for all of us that Coroner Clampett (AKA Dr. Armpit) was, ahem, not following the MOST recent standards and procedures for determining time of death. He also will perhaps become famous for uttering the phrase, “a BEAUTIFUL example of [a certain type of wound]” which made every single listener simultaneously squeeze every muscle and then shake their heads to try to get rid of that thought.

The 2nd expert was just painful to listen to. I am hoping the jury just drowned his voice out and hummed Kum ba yah to maintain sanity.

Then we got reached the APEX of the defense case… Lie-Lie’s younger brother took the stand and cleared some stuff right on up for us. Lie-Lie and Mags had a WONDERFUL marriage. We know this because she held his hand at a football game. Another important detail is that there is apparently some genetic mutation in this family affecting their predilection for choosing nicknames for everything and everybody. We got Paul-Paul and Ro Ro and Little Rooster and Little Detective and all the houses have names and all the vehicles have names and even the guns have names. One of which was some sort of long gun named “Bo whoop” or something close to that.

But the MOST important thing we learned today was that Lie-Lie doo doo’ed in his trou-trous on the way to rehab.

You are all welcome for my choosing words more carefully than Talk-Talk (Lie-Lie’s brother) did. 🥹

Me, 56
Him, 48 (JMSSC)
Married 26 years. Reconciled.

posts: 4962   ·   registered: Sep. 12th, 2011   ·   location: South Carolina
id 8779718

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 3:48 AM on Tuesday, February 28th, 2023

HFSSC - you should utilize your talents by writing a book about this trial. smile

FYI, any 'good' attorney would have objected for a 'made for TV trial.' What a crap-show!

"Because I deserve better"

id 8779720

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 3:50 AM on Tuesday, February 28th, 2023

You painted a great picture of the juror wrapped in a blanket with kleenex stuffed in her ears! laugh

"Because I deserve better"

id 8779723

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 12:41 AM on Friday, March 3rd, 2023

Whoa... there were closing arguments earlier today. I went to work out, came back inside and there was a verdict?!?

Of course, we all know there's going to be an appeal.

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1358   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8780389

HFSSC (original poster member #33338) posted at 2:24 AM on Friday, March 3rd, 2023

Yeah, I was not expecting this short of a deliberation.

But the lead prosecutor Creighton Waters delivered a masterful, if long, closing argument. He was organized and kept tying all the ends together with the 404 evidence/motive and all the times AM had lied on the stand during this trial. Defense attorney Jim Griffin just seemed worn out and defeated in his closing. I really think they knew when AM insisted on taking the stand that they were screwed.

And John Meadors, in rebuttal was simply amazing. He looks like a schlub. He seems like a bit of a bumpkin. But he has the jury completely in his hand for his hour long closing. He knew when to get loud and bang his fist, and he knew when to get quiet and speak in a whisper. He made sense out of a lot of things that seemed like nonsense.

I am glad the jury saw through this gutless turd and all of his fake tears and cutesy nicknames.

Me, 56
Him, 48 (JMSSC)

id 8780402

Charity411 ( member #41033) posted at 2:55 AM on Friday, March 3rd, 2023

I was shocked at the speed of the verdict. I live in a small rural town, that is the county seat of a rural county. We have a law firm run by a family that pretty much hand picks who gets put up for election for State's Attorney, which is our version of the prosecutor's office. Because of that I always thought this could hinge on what the jury thought of one family having that kind of power.

Either they would be afraid to convict him, out of fear of retribution against one of their family members, or they would be delighted to put an end to the corruption. Or at least a chunk of it. Murdaugh's attorneys bet on the first choice, which is why they insisted on having the trial where they did. They bet on fear of their power. I think that when you are so entrenched in a good ole boy system of justice, you can't see how the rest of the community views you.

I have to agree that the defense closing arguments were dismal. I couldn't believe he read the last part of it, and not even well.

posts: 1731   ·   registered: Oct. 18th, 2013   ·   location: Illinois
id 8780407

HFSSC (original poster member #33338) posted at 12:55 PM on Friday, March 3rd, 2023

I’m still shocked at how fas the verdict came in. I thought a lot last night and I agree with your assessment, Charity. The people in the Lowcountry were sick of this family, sick of the politics, sick of the coverups that EVERYONE knew were happening.

Scary to think that he would have gotten away with it if the Secret Service hadn’t finally cracked Paul’s phone and found the kennel video.

I feel bad for Buster. Praying that someone will come into his life and lead him into a better way.

Me, 56
Him, 48 (JMSSC)

id 8780454

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 3:24 PM on Friday, March 3rd, 2023

I was surprised by how quick things came through. Are Buster and the brother going to be tried for tampering with a crime scene.

BS Fwh

id 8780534

Charity411 ( member #41033) posted at 5:56 PM on Friday, March 3rd, 2023

PricklePatch, I wonder that too. Or if they are looking into the law partners that showed up at Moselle immediately and went through the house. The judge said an interesting thing during sentencing. He said something to the effect of, this trial stands anyone who aided and abetted this crime on notice. They will be found and justice will be served.

Someone got rid of the clothes and the gun. And at that point it couldn't have been Alex. I think it's possible that law firm circled the wagons for damage control, along with Bluster and the brother.

posts: 1731   ·   registered: Oct. 18th, 2013   ·   location: Illinois
id 8780636

WhatsRight ( member #35417) posted at 11:46 AM on Saturday, March 4th, 2023

I have been mesmerized by all of the stuff surrounding that trial. I watched the three part Netflix series. It is mind boggling that that much death can surround a family and nobody has had to pay up until now.

So, from reading this topic, I am assuming that the verdict came in guilty? I missed that part.

Has anyone noticed that throughout the trial, the oldest son, is his name, Buster?, has been like giving his father the death glare? And coming from that family, I’m guessing that could be scary!

Someone told me that he has voiced public support for his father, but the glares he gives him in the quart room make my skin crawl.

I don’t know if there’s actually money left over, or if the dad has spent it all on drugs and whatever else, but I’m still concerned about his involvement with the young man that was found in the road. Isn’t that the kid that was gay, and it was rumored that Buster, the oldest son, had had a few "experiences" with him, and the kid was going to come out , and that’s what got him killed?

Sheesh!

"Noone can make you feel inferior without your concent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not be vanquished. Rose Kennedy

posts: 8225   ·   registered: Apr. 23rd, 2012   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8780737

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 11:25 AM on Sunday, March 5th, 2023

I read Buster inherited 550,000 from his Mother’s estate.

BS Fwh

id 8780854

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 8:00 AM on Sunday, March 12th, 2023

Well, the 'rona finally caught up with our household. Not me. H. Tested positive on Wednesday afternoon, so we've been staying in different bedrooms and using different bathrooms. Actually I try to avoid being anywhere within 20' of him at the same time, even with our masks on. He doesn't come out of his room without it.

Which brings me to, I'm pretty bored. So tonight I decided to watch the Netflix series. I think the thing that hit me worse were poor Mallory's parents who were notified in a delayed manor that she was missing. I know that has nothing to do with Alex's trial, but it's part of the overall corruption.

So do any of you think the law firm covered up some of his tracks because they were afraid of things that Alex might have had on some of them? Does the corruption go that deep? And geez, that poor Buster. Talk about being screwed up for the rest of his life.

Yet, I still have to wonder if Alex's evil deeds went so deep that he actually just abetted someone else coming in and murdering his wife and son. I mean, there's no telling who he was doing business with all along at the law firm, then dug himself in deeper when he got addicted to drugs. He very well could have been leading a double life and someone wanted payback.

I'll go back and reread this thread and see what all has been posted.

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1358   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8781801
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy